Monday, December 17, 2012

Hi!

Don't run away yet. Being the trendsetter than I am, I decided to start a blog dedicated to fashion photography and whatnot. Insert requisite "OMG, it's not 2008" joke here.

This is not my first blog post. This is not my first blog. Sadly, the Blog Virgin ship has sailed. Before I shot fashion, I shot erotica. I ran "Nekkid With A Camera", which was an excuse to self-promote*, but also a chance to discuss issues regarding women in the arts, human sexuality, portrayal of sex in the arts, post teaser pictures (no pun intended), and tell a few funny stories.

I don't expect this blog to be much different. Wayward nipples still seem to show up in my work, but over all, expect more fashion and fewer cum shots. As one prospective agent described it, "it's like eye-fucking with a wardrobe".

There will still be discussions of women in the arts, women in fashion, and issues of sexuality in fashion. I will, at some point, discuss why I switched from erotica to fashion, and how this isn't that drastic of a change. I will discuss the ever-changing role of feminism in fashion, and the malleability of gender roles in an industry that simultaneously works hard to set ideals, then try to break them. I'll post some funny stories, when I have them. Feel free to ask questions.

This really isn't that organized. Something will pop into my head, I'll feel compelled to share it.

So, hi. Welcome. Here's a teaser photo from a fashion editorial I shot in LA two weeks ago.



*Don't laugh. I got a job for German "Cosmopolitan" through that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment